Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Curriculum for 2010-2011

We are all excited to begin our school year this Monday....and by we I mean me:)  After hours of research I have finally decided on our curriculum choices for this year.  So without further adieu here they are:

Language Arts
The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading
First Language Lessons for the Well Trained Mind Grade 2
Writing With Ease levels 1 and 2
MCP Plaid Phonics

Literature and Readers

Sonlight Core 2 read alouds
Sonlight Core 2 regular readers

Spelling
All About Spelling Level 1

Math
Singapore Math 2A and 2B
Math Mammoth  Grade 2 (supplement)

History
Story of the World Vol. 2
Story of the World Vol. 2 Activity Guide

Science
Elemental Science Earth and Space
Handbook of Nature Study and the Outdoor Hour Challenge

Handwriting
Handwriting Without Tears Grade 2

Whew sounds like a lot.....we will also be participating in an art co-op twice a month using Artistic Pursuits and attending a homeschool PE class weekly. Later this week I will be posting our weekly schedule.
 I'm sure your all wondering how one can fit this all in with three children and at work from home business....I know I am:)

0 comments: